- Expand two physically separate but programmatically linked Animal Care Facilities and associated support spaces to meet the demands of a growing R&D Group.
- Create highly-productive spaces that meet the needs of science and research for future development.
- Design an expansion within a space constrained by a mechanical core and a double-loaded corridor to avoid a costly move.
- Coordinate construction and equipment relocation around existing experiments, within occupied space.
- Explore possibilities of achieving higher energy efficiencies within building limitations.
- Performed extensive programming and work-flow analyses to fit the science within the existing space - saving the client the time and money associated with moving the department.
- Led an iterative design process to build consensus among end-users and manage expectations.
- Worked closely with the Facilities Department to align the project with corporate goals.
- Maximized efficiencies of media prep and glass wash areas.
- Worked with client and manufacturer’s representative to explore feasibility of converting steam-generated equipment to electric for higher efficiencies.
- Developed complex phasing plan to deliver the project without interrupting critical research efforts.
- Coordinated with 3rd Party Commissioning agent to help Client reach internal QA and QC goals.
20/20 Engineering (MEP/FP)
R.G. Vanderweil (Commissioning)