- Create a new summer camp for 250 children, where sports, spirit, nature, and community can be experienced in a character-building environment.
- Adapt a complex program of site planning and architecture to a 4,000 acre site of hills, woods, and lake.
- Address current building and environmental codes and regulations that were never faced by camps built in the 1950's.
- Created a master site plan anchored by the Campus Center building, with administration, dining, and social spaces.
- Organized the camp programmatically between boy's and girl's sides, and visually to frame views from the hill overlooking the lake and mountains beyond.
- Interspersed sports fields and ball courts with cabins, a Theatre, Exercise Building, outdoor chapel, and other support buildings to create a visually dynamic campus.
- Maintained and enhanced key site features, including allées of trees, rock outcroppings, and stone chimneys left from previous buildings.
Copley Wolff Design Group, Maine-Land Development Consultants, Inc.; Becker Structural Engineers