- Create a first class research environment for global manufacturing client.
- Provide a destination that is consistent with the existing South Boston campus.
- Create an environment that supports collaboration while protecting confidentiality.
- Meet a tight time schedule, designing while the program is being finalized.
- Design cutting-edge research facility within aging brick structures.
- Coordinate the relocation of numerous and highly-sensitive pieces of equipment.
- Developed an organized community of spaces, with clear paths of travel and orientation.
- Introduced a connecting bridge between two separate buildings to create horizontal circulation and sense of continuity between the different spaces.
- Performed masonry repairs throughout the spaces.
- Selected a palette of finishes, materials, and colors that maintains the corporate identity and expresses the product brand.
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger