- Develop an industry-leading laboratory facility that promotes collaboration and advancements in science.
- Create compelling lab space that will attract and retain employees.
- Introduce lean lab strategies to improve lab processes, supply flow and delivery storage; and to eliminate waste.
- Develop new design concepts and finishes compatible with, and progressing from, existing high standards of design.
- Build consensus among scientists and management about new concepts.
- Accommodate aggressive design and construction schedules that remained unchanged despite ongoing changes to Program and Equipment.
- Conducted high level value stream analysis to optimize work flow, adjacencies, and efficiency.
- Located offices and labs adjacent to each other, reducing travel between the two spaces and increasing communication.
- Designed glazed partition walls between offices and labs, enabling visibility among teams and transmission of natural light throughout spaces.
- Designed modular and moveable lab benches and work stations, with managed utility distribution, promoting optimal configuration and flexibility within the labs.
- Designed in-lab and in-office meeting spaces with digital capability for improved collaboration and sharing of paperless information.
- Generated multiple 3D virtual models and graphic communications throughout the design process to explore options, clarify design intent, and build consensus.